[Elle:] As well as enjoying Bot Watch‘s humorous article on what defines an “independent business owner”, we highly recommend taking a look at these too:
- Dear MLM Rep: You Are Not a Small Business Owner by Sammiches & Psych Meds
- Why MLM is NOT a Business by Lazy Man & Money
- 3 Obvious Reasons You’re Not an Entrepreneur if You Work for a MLM by Anyman Fitness
Also, my post below which takes a look at presenters with a genuine belief that it is indeed “their business“:
If you are in Multilevel marketing, please stop claiming you are an ‘Independent Business Owner.’
“adjective- Free from outside control; not subject to another’s authority:an independent nuclear deterrent. The study is totallyindependent of central government ”
The above definition is from The Oxford English Dictionary.
Questions to ask yourself
- Do you set your own terms and conditions?
- Can you change suppliers?
- Can you change the policies?
- Do you have any say in your activities, over and above what hours you work or the prices you sell at?
- What are you independent from? Apart from employee rights and wages.
My brother’s in business.
View original post 199 more words