Be Our Guest
Want to be a guest writer for the #AntiMLMmovement? Read on.
Tell your story and help spread the truth. Make sure there’s lots of evidence out there for people researching joining one of these schemes. Make sure that the truth outweighs the propaganda. You can do this in a number of ways-
- If you are a talented writer, consider telling your side of things. Either write for us or start your own blog. If you want your story told but don’t want your name revealed, we can post it for you anonymously on this website. Just read our Guest Writer/Contributor Terms and Guidelines below before getting in touch.
- Not a writer? Consider giving us a brief rundown of what happened or what information you have so you can go on our database. You never know – you might be needed when a reporter contacts us, looking for people to interview (this happens quite regularly!) Unfortunately we are often not able to find people who are willing to help, and this means the story doesn’t get written. It would be really useful to have you on our list, along with details of whether you need to anonymous or not. Drop us a message through our contact form.
Guest Writer/Contributor Terms and Guidelines
Check our guidelines below to ensure you accept our terms — when you’re ready to submit your article to editors Elle Beau and Red Corvette, the easiest way is use our contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your submission must be in a format that allows us to copy/paste into our WordPress editing program (so, MS Word, email etc). Check Item 7 below for formatting tips.
Once you submit your article, it becomes the property of MLMTruth.org. We reserve the right to edit headlines, body copy and anything else that may be considered abusive or derogatory to an individual —there are standards and changes that can and will be enforced if editors Elle Beau and Red Corvette deem it necessary.
- We do not allow individual MLM presenters to be targeted or wholly identified — the issue is with what MLM presenters say, not what they look like.
- As standard, we ensure all names and identifying features are changed to protect identities, unless it is implicitly relevant to the article or available in the public domain (example, celebrities, CEOs of MLM companies etc).
- Any screenshots you submit must have identifying names and avatars redacted.
- If you submit screenshots of a conversation thread, use a different colour for each speaker, so the thread can be followed.
If you wish to remain anonymous, we will publish your story under the author name “Anti-MLM Guest Writer” (we do recommend anonymity in most cases)
If, however, you want to be acknowledged as author and you have a WordPress ID, please let us know what it is so we can ensure you are correctly listed as the article’s author. We will make your WordPress ID a ‘contributor‘ to MLMtruth.org, which is useful for if/when you want to write for us in the future. Please note:
- A Contributor can create and edit only their own posts, but cannot publish them.
- When your post is ready to be published, or has been revised, editors Elle Beau or Red Corvette need to be notified personally by the Contributor to review it. We make all efforts to publish immediately, but if we happen to have a backlog, please allow up to 5–7 working days for your article to appear on our site.
- Contributors do not have the ability to upload files or images — please read Item 5 below for how we ensure your post is adequately illustrated.
- Once a Contributor’s post is approved and published by Elle Beau or Red Corvette, it can no longer be edited by the Contributor.
- If for any reason you delete your WordPress ID, the listed author of the article will appear under “Anti-MLM Guest Writer“, but we will still ensure that your work is acknowledged — your name and site links will remain.
1. Our objective. This website’s aims are to share the truth and lies of the multi-level marketing (MLM) industry, and:
- to provide support people who wish to get out of an MLM
- be an information point for friends or family of those involved in an MLM
- to help those who have left MLM and need ongoing advice.
Although we are always open to listening to opposing views, if you want to sing the praises of MLM, then our site is not the ideal platform for your work.
7. Style and formatting tips. Editors Elle Beau and/or Red Corvette will ensure your article is aesthetically formatted, spellchecked etc, before allowing publication to our site. Obviously its important for your own unique voice to come through in your article, but as a basic guideline to make our editing process easier, please try to avoid writing in elaborately long sentences, bullet any major points (if applicable), and break up large blocks of text with bold headings.