Be our guest
Here’s the details:
Tell your story and help spread the truth. Make sure there’s lots of evidence out there for people researching joining one of these schemes. Make sure that the truth outweighs the propaganda. You can do this in a number of ways:
- If you are a keen writer, consider telling your side of things. Either write for us or start your own blog. If you want your story told but don’t want your name revealed, we can post it for you anonymously on this website. Just read our Guest Writer/Contributor Terms and Guidelines below before getting in touch.
- Not a writer? Consider giving us a brief rundown of what happened or what information you have so you can go on our database. You never know — you might be needed when a reporter contacts us, looking for people to interview (this happens quite regularly!) .Unfortunately we are often not able to find people who are willing to help, and this means the story doesn’t get written. It would be really useful to have you on our list, along with details of whether you need to anonymous or not. Drop us a message through our contact form.
Submissions guidelines at a glance:
- Word count: 1,000 words maximum
- Do not target named individuals
- We recommend writing anonymously
- You are welcome to include images
- Credit your sources
- Be specific about which company you have experience with, and what effects your involvement had on your life
- We reserve the right to edit your work
- Copyright resides with the Coalition on publication
- Email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Writer/Contributor Terms and Guidelines
Check our guidelines below to ensure you accept our terms — when you’re ready to submit your article to our editors, the easiest way is use our contact form or email email@example.com. Your submission must be in a format that allows us to copy/paste into our WordPress editing program (so, MS Word, text file, RTF, email etc). Check Item 7 below for formatting tips.
Once you submit your article, it becomes the property of MLMTruth.org. We reserve the right to not publish your piece, edit headlines, body copy and anything else that may be considered abusive or derogatory to an individual —there are standards and changes that can and will be enforced if our editors deem it necessary.
- We do not allow individual MLM presenters to be targeted or wholly identified — the issue is with what MLM presenters say and do, not what they look like, for instance.
- As standard, we ensure all names and identifying features are changed to protect identities, unless it is implicitly relevant to the article or available in the public domain (example, celebrities, CEOs of MLM companies etc).
- Any screenshots you submit must have identifying names and avatars redacted.
- If you submit screenshots of a conversation thread, use a different colour for each speaker, so the thread can be followed.
If you wish to remain anonymous, we will publish your story under the author name “Anti-MLM Guest Writer” (we do recommend anonymity in most cases)
PLEASE NOTE: We do not do link swaps with, promotional guest posts from, or add resource listings for commercial groups or businesses.
1. Our objective. This website’s aims are to share the truth and lies of the multi-level marketing (MLM) industry, and:
- to provide support people who wish to get out of an MLM
- be an information point for friends or family of those involved in an MLM
- to help those who have left MLM and need ongoing advice.
Although we are always open to listening to opposing views, if you want to sing the praises of MLM, direct sales or affiliate marketing, then our site is not the ideal platform for your work.
7. Style and formatting tips. Our editors will ensure your article is aesthetically formatted, spellchecked etc, before allowing publication to our site. Obviously it’s important for your own unique voice to come through in your article, but as a basic guideline to make our editing process easier, please try to avoid writing in elaborately long sentences, bullet any major points (if applicable), and break up large blocks of text with bold headings.