To kick off our resource of Younique information, here is a roundup of coalition member Elle Beau‘s previous articles from 2017 – and a selection from her #TeamPoonique comrades, Maz Carrah and ApportionedMembrane.
Elle’s #Poonique Story
This 15-chapter story recounts Elle’s time as a Yellow Status Younique presenter, and discusses the deception and delusions that go on behind the scenes. From the “fake it til you make it” mentality, to the daily training and tasks set by the uplines, Elle’s story hopes to bring a degree of understanding for those inside and outside of the MLM world.
- Chapter 01 – Getting Reeled In
- Chapter 02 – Hook, Line & Stinker
- Chapter 03 – Enter The Charlat-huns
- Chapter 04 – Hundora’s Box
- Chapter 05 – Groups, Glorious Groups!
- Chapter 06 – Let There Be Huns
- Chapter 07 – Just a Small Town Hun
- Chapter 08 – A Giant EEEK for Hun-kind
- Chapter 09 – #Drossbabes and #Lossbabes and #Huns, Oh My…!
- Chapter 10 – Huns, Lies & Dross n’ Roll
- Chapter 11 – Clowns to the Left of me, #Drossbabes to the Right
- Chapter 12 – I Didn’t Choose the Hunlife, the Hunlife Chose Me
- Chapter 12.5 – Hunthing is Better Than Nothing
- Chapter 13 – I’m Just a Poor Hun, Nobody Loves Me
- Chapter 14 – Too Many Huns Spoil the Dross(babe)
- Chapter 15 – The Hunlife is Not For Me (Final Chapter)
- Epilogue 01 – “When Your Partner is in a MLM” – A Few Words from James
- Epilogue 02 – Whatever Became of Marisol?
- Epilogue 03 – An Interview with “Scarlett”
- Epilogue 04 – An Interview with “Kerri”
P.S. Elle didn’t coin the term #Poonique – this lady did.
The Younique Foundation & Haven Retreat
A topic that has caused a shedload of controversy and questions, Elle has worked with other anti-MLM writers such as Maz Carrah and ApportionedMembrane to deconstruct the nonsense surrounding this ‘charity’.
- The Younique Foundation – Charity or Travesty? Let’s look at the facts… – co-written with Maz Carrah.
- The Younique Foundation Follow-Up – I Thought Your Rose Gold Kudos Had Sold Out, Huns? – co-written with Maz Carrah.
- Using #MeToo to Flog Crap Mascara? Not Cool, Younique Huns… – some presenters decided to exploit a powerful social media movement.
- “I applied to attend the Younique Foundation retreat…I really wish I didn’t.” – a guest post by ‘Albie’ as told to Elle Beau.
- An Interview with Paige, an Attendee of the Haven Retreat – a guest post by ‘Paige’ as told to ApportionedMembrane.
- A Global Directory of Genuine Charities for Sexual Abuse Survivors.
The Younique Effect
A collection of opinion pieces and observations on MLM behaviour.
- “I’m just a bitter negferret mood-hoover who failed at MLM…” – a tongue-in-cheek article from Elle, addressing the ‘haters’.
- Younique are getting all heteronormative up in here – Sexism and gender roles are still alive and well in the Younique world.
- Stop trying to rip off your friends – Elle looks at the way friendships are tossed aside, for the sake of making a sale.
- Random Friend Requests – One of Elle’s earlier articles, this takes a look at how unsolicited friend requests can make people very angry.
- The Little Purple Card – Maz Carrah reflects on the catastrophic effect her ‘Y-cash’ had on her spending.
- You’re About to Lose Your Younique Presenter Status? It’s Really Not Your Fault – Elle observes a frantic presenter who is upset at the prospect of ‘failing’.
- Presenters – You Need To Stop Telling Customers That Younique is Cruelty-Free, Now – Elle has a stand-off with a presenter who is adamant that Younique is cruelty-free.
- MLM Selling in Facebook Groups: “Three Spaces on My Team”, Mum-Shaming & Timeless Vie’s MLM-Free Network Zone – Fed up of seeing MLM pushing on social media? So are we.
Better Than MLM
Elle and Maz Carrah share their opinion of Younique products, or take a look at alternative products to MLM (ones that provide more product and quality for your money).
- Montagne Jeunesse vs. Younique Royalty Masks – Elle looks at the price per 100ml factor.
- Lush Cosmetics Eau Roma Water vs. Younique Rose Water by Elle
- Moodstruck Precision Brow Gel and Liner Set Review by Maz Carrah
- Royalty Shine Cleansing Cloths Review by Maz Carrah
- Peachy Fox Skincare vs. Younique Skincare by Elle
- Younique Uplift Eye Serum vs. Peachy Fox Eye Gel by Elle